Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Here we go. Might get ugly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@CEC View Post
Hi BMWDEMON,

To answer your question regarding cost, many factors are contributed to the expense.

2. The bar is made a machined out of high grade billet aluminum and treated with a hard anodizing process.
I am officially challenging this statement. The bar itself it neither billet, machined nor hard anodized. What is my evidence of this. Common sense. The main center section is a standard piece of drawn/extruded rectangular aluminum. This is "off the shelf" type of material. From a manufacturing perspective (in which I have a background) it would be absurd to use anything else. Since it is "tube stock" is is not billet, it is simply cut to length with a metal cut off saw. Next hard anodize. No, this is cosmetically clear anodized. Hard anodize is dark brown or black ONLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@CEC View Post
3. R&D and tested on the Nurburgring.
Again I challenge this. Unless this silly thing is made nearby to the town where the track is I would be willing to bet it was not researched and developed (R&D) AND tested at the Ring.

This part is beyond simple. I could design it in a single day, machine it with no CNC equipment, get it anodized the next and installed. My total cost would be about $100, including a $50 lot charge for low volume anodizing.

Your credibility is seriously called into question here.

I look forward to any evidence to back up your claims whatsoever.
Appreciate 0