View Single Post
      06-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

What I've been doing lately... New Bike in the Garage. Moto Guzzi FTW For The Weird

Well I've been riding motorcycle longer than I've been driving. Started at about 6 on a little Honda 70. WAY WAY Back in about 1977. Been riding ever since, dirt and street. Anyway, I've been on a sport bike since 1994 and my first GSXR750, then another, then a Honda CBR1100XX, then the Hayabusa. Which I've been riding since 2002. Well I am starting to get to the point where I just want to ride. I don't need the 160HP bike, I just want something cool, comfy, and fun to ride. I finally found it after a year of looking...

Probably keeping the Hayabusa for the occasional 0-150MPH blast in 10 seconds. But this is also the reason that I went looking for something less.... Um, intense. Something just plain old fun to ride.

So yeah Been riding the Busa for about 6 years, The Harley's off and on for a couple. I get them free each spring to break in, usually 2 or 3...

I was seriously thinking about getting a Harley of my own they have some entertainment value anyway, but I am just not ready to give up speed and Handling for looks. So instead, I just gave up speed...

2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100. Very cool...

Also probably picking up a Pro-Taper CR High Bend or the Pastrana along with some CRG Bar End mirrors and levers probably.

Out front of the house...

How She'll look once I replace that rear fender.

Nice little Italian booty and she does have them big perky jugs...

Looks nice. Very Comfy.

Just a front 3/4

And the Gauges are pretty cool too. Multi function display, kind of nice little bit of high tech to offset the old school motor.

And another. The red looks freaking sweet at night though I need to dim it a bit... Once I figure out how.

So yeah the car hasn't been seeing much love lately, weather has been decent so I've been trying to get some miles on the Bike...

Anyway, that's what I've been up too... Rolling around on my Italian Harley. I spent about a year riding and looking around for what I was looking for. Triumph, BMW, All the Japanese brands, and Harley. None of them had just the right balance of character, comfort, performance, and handling that the Guzzi does, and you sure as hell won't see one on every corner.