01-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #62
MikeE92M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
I believe it.

The Nissan 350-370 crowd have been running them for years and they have a few aftermarket applications tailored with branch resonators.

I am not sure why a tuner hasnt stepped up to produce these for our cars. Something designed with carefully calculated sizes and lenghts (no offense to your math skills )

Folks seem intent on welding straight through resonators in the Xpipe but branch resonators in the rear section is what really eliminates drone.
Youre absolutely right--I had a nismo 350z with the HKS exhaust. That had helmholtz chambers on the canisters, too. Worked very well.

Yeah, resonators will just make the drone sound more bassy and will be heard. Only masking something that is still there. The chambers in the rear is where the fix is.
2008 (07/08) E92 M3 BPM Stage II Tuned by Mike Benvo, 6MT, Turner Test Pipes, Magnaflow Custom Catback Exhaust (Magnaflow X Pipe, secondary cat delete, Aero Resonators and Helmholtz Chambers),Vorsteiner CF Lip, Hamann Style CF rear diffuser, CF Rear Decklid Spoiler, BMW Performance Kidney Grills, CF Side Grills, OEM GTS Wheels, K&N Drop-In Filter, GP Thunder 8k Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors.
Appreciate 0