View Single Post
      05-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #15
AlpWtE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 AW E92 M3

Porteno,

I have the same wheel/tire setup and also have experienced some rubbing at or close to full lock on both front wheels. The rubbing occurs mainly on the fender liners behind the wheels, but I think there is also some slight rubbing at the liner in front of the wheels. My car is dropped on Eibachs. I noticed the rubbing right after installing the wheels and spoke to Shep about the rubbing and he first suggested dialing in more camber. I did that and it did reduce the rubbing, but there is still a bit of rubbing. Shep also suggested pushing in the liners as there is usually some room to do so, but I never got around to it.

Ultimately, I do not believe you need to worry too much about this rubbing because (a) it only occurs at or close to full wheel lock, (b) rubbing the fender liner and scraping it up a bit will not significantly affect the performance or operation of the car, and (3) it may go away as the tires wear down a bit.

I do plan to go back to PS2s for my next set of tires because I understand they have a smaller diameter.
Appreciate 0