Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
M3 Adjuster said..........Surly.. (aptly named) .... sorry... but the track time was as planned.

Surlyn

http://www2.dupont.com/Surlyn/en_US/

I am digging through my ENGLISH books and reviewing the event website trying to find where anyone PROMISED you four 25 minute sessions...

From Bruce's post on Track Junkies dated Jan 31 and copied below. I didn't need any English books to understand that.

Students groups have 3 30 min sessions each day. We did this to maximize on track time as the first lap and cool down laps take soooo much time at COTA. Amount of track time each day is equal to what we would have with 4 sessions.

The event schedule was posted at texastrifecta.com well in advance of the cancellation date... so if you were really that upset about 10 minutes of track time... then you should have cancelled prior to March 1st.

At the end of the day, this is really a BMWCCA race at COTA that is subsidized by a DE that gets 75% of the track time of a normal DE to squeeze in race groups. Separate the two. I will no longer attend TWS PDS events that run in conjunction with a race, as I pay the same and get a lot less.

As gobuffs indicated... when you take in to account that 3-5 minutes of a 20 minute session include the in lap and out lap of that extra session... your complaint over 5 minutes of " lost" track time ( that you promised yourself ! ) seems really small.

This would have been easily solved by not showing checker until T11, but it went out at Start/Finish. Do you really expect me to drive hard from Start/Finish to T11 if I know it is over? The track was supposed to go green at T11 and checker at T11. Showing me checker at Start/Finish slows me down after T20.

Agree.. braking at the 150 ft brake marker works for me at 150 mph indicated on the speedo.... using STREET pads (PFC- Z). My set of PFC-08s didnt make it out of the box since I was focusing on making YOUR day go as well as possible.

Then you should have brought the car by garage 24 during my 5 hour break. I would have swapped them and still taken a nap. I work on my friends' cars when they need help. Your brakes would have taken 20 minutes.
You do have to realize that BMWCCA and Driver's Edge are very different.

Driver's Edge is a for profit business that runs HPDEs as their core revenue generating function. BMWCCA does not. Rick runs a super tight ship and should since his livelihood is on the line. But to take that expectation and apply it to BMWCCA who occasionally does HPDE events strictly as a comraderie event to promote the club is not fair or realistic.

I've been through both Instructor trainings. Rick makes his point clear in the instructor session, its about safety and customer satisfaction. BMWCCA makes it clear...its about safety and comraderie. BMWCCA's instructor manuals clearly state that in chapter 1 of both versions that I have seen.

BUT...it was the yellow session that had a bunch of breakdowns on the first day. Here is where there is and should be a difference in the decision making.

Driver's Edge will not take away from the instructors except in some cases he'll combine red and instructor on Sun. Driver's Edge will even out the times allocated to the rest of the sessions after a delay. So when the Yellow run group does something, everyone suffers equally. I don't think BMWCCA took that approach...which I think is inline with their mission and goals for their HPDE.

Just my $.02.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0