epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondolemite View Post
Good call
I owned SRX1327 for a few years, a couple of years back. I groused about the 15sec 0-60 back when I had it and wafty ride, but all of my older relatives loved it. It was also quite the chick magnet, if you're into chicks in their 50s and 60s.

There might come a time when I won't want to clamber in and out of my M Coupe all the time. People claim the Silver Shadow is high maintenance, but given the choice between tuning SU carbs or working on a current 7-series or S-class. The old RR has all the luxury and elegance you could want, without the complexity, and they're actually not that expensive. In fact, my chief worry is their rising prices - people always sort of looked down on the Shadow, but in the last few years it looks like people are catching on to how good the pre-74 cars are. I bought SRX1327 for $6700 in 2000, and it's current asking price is $20k. I really wish the guy I'd sold it to had called before he sold it - he sold it for $14k, the next guy sold it for $18k at auction to the dealer asking $20k now.
Appreciate 0