View Single Post
      05-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Z4 Vs 335i

It has been 3 Months now since a Z4 3.0i has join our family and I definitely had my fair share of any possible driving experience, let it be drag/powerslide/or those "I am getting there" 45~50* constant drifts....Moroso...What a Great Safe driving Learning Center

the first week we had the car i didn't feel much about it, to me a 335i is (was) the smallest acceptable size for a car, and the Z to me was nothing but a 2 seat good looker that my wife fell in love with, Then we had to switch cars cause the 335i has the backseats that the 2yr old loves alond with the dvd headrest blasting "Dysneylandic DVD's"

Then I must say, I started abusing the poor thing in an arrogant way to justify my hunger for speed that only the 335 could offer so far, and then the car slapped me in the face with a wake up call (In a good way thank you much)...!
Holy Cr@-p, This is NOT a One Legged BMW????????, am i seeing things or is that cloud of smoke out of BOTH rear tires? The car was bought used from our Local Dealer W' 19K and presumably was all Stock, Uh...Not really....After couple hours of killing those 18" rft the car seems to definitely have a rear dif ? an option? maybe....Added by the first buyer and never bothered to take it off, ummmm even more so.

Well, the Title. Yeah I am getting there

Hmmm These 2 should not be compared.

The 335i acts like a muscled up "dude" who can do the 100 ft sprint and then needs to rest before he brakes a "limp mode" or whatever they call it (never seen one thank god)

Where the Z4 can run and run and handle like its on rails and shift out of the 1st on its way to 6th and make you look like a hero, wow.

Impressions:
Call me Nuts but that Inline 3.0 in the Z feels so much smoother than the 335???? What gives. Then the tranny, is that a Different trany cause it feels NOTHING like the one in the 335i (or could it be that fancy "Drive by wire" that adds to hesitation), shifts are soooo easy, makes me look like a hero.
The 335i is def a sleeper such a smooth powerful leap forward, the car loves its torque and it shows, makes you kind of forget the lunch of the Z until, oh crap got to shift to 2nd

Me: "Grats groufts"
Passenger: "Bud what was that rookie shift all about"
Me: "Sorry i haven't taken my CDV out yet"
Passenger: "C-T who?"
Me: Never mind

Bottom line, The 335i is my baby, paid 47K Cold for it and i love it Never had the slightest problem with the car (31,482 miles on it god bless it)
BUT With an effortless gearbox and handling that makes the 335i look like a whale the Z easily steals your heart and makes you forget those little snails by giving you topless looks and curves that would make Alexandra Abrosio blush....

Z4 "Destined to be a Classic"
Appreciate 0