Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
Mike, given we're coming to the end of the E9x ///3 life cycle do you think BMW will keep developing the software? Has this happened with previous /// cars. I can understand if there is some serious issues that may impact the longevity of the engine but other than that, I don't see an reason for performance improvement ...
Hi Kamar, very good question.

Personally I think that 240E will be one of the later software versions available for the E9x M3 platform. There may be one more version past this, but I'm skeptical about it.

If I look back at factory data files for E46 M3 and E39 M5, they have been the same for years and years. It's unlikely that BMW is going to continue developing software on a car that's end of life.

Obviously if something comes up along the way, such as a bug surfacing, or an issue meeting stringent emissions standards in a particular region, they may release an update to address this issue. I doubt it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo3605 View Post
I got some paperwork from the dealership which included the integration level. But there were two values.
(not exact wording but you get the idea)

Integration Plant: 100E
Integration HO: 240E
Next Integration Available: Yes

Does that mean i'm on 100E or 240E?
Sorry for the slow reply. I will check PM's later today, I'm a bit behind from moving offices.

There are a few things that you normally see in terms of integration levels:

1) Plant Integration Level (This is the level that your car left the factory with)

2) Current Integration Level (This will match the plant integration level if the car has never been updated before). If the car has been updated, it will show the current level installed in the car. Keep in mind that these levels can be accidentally updated or not updated at all. It depends on the programming session.

3) Target Integration Level - This is the integration level that the ISTA/P programming system will want to update the car to. Usually it will be the latest integration level loaded onto the ISSS Server which ISTA/P sources its files from.

The integration levels will never say 100E, or 240E (as these aren't integration levels, but software versions form a particular module that may coorespond with a particular integration level. They will always be designated as ISTA/P xx.x or E89x-xx-xx-xxx.

The fact that it says new integration level available means that you likely do not have the latest software installed.

Hope this helps!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0