09-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #63
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I read the thread title... My point is that you go through the trouble of installing the "bra" for the track but then you have no protection any other time unless you leave that ugly thing on. You just admitted that it was a good thing you had it on for the ride home AND you wouldn't want it on all the time because it's nasty. Not sure why you are arguing with me on that point.... considering you seem to agree with it. (And yes I understand that more damage occurs on the track than the street). Even putting that reason aside, I still wouldn't use one for the other reasons I mentioned. I'm glad you are happy with it and I'm glad it is working well for you. Enjoy your bra, brah (Zoolander reference).
LOL, Agreed.
I'd have to admit, it would have been better to not have the bra on with all those bugs. They got stuck in some of the netting and took some effort to get out. They would have come right off the paint.
I just go bare on the road. I have a body shop that can respray for around $300, so I figures that's 3-4 sprays before I get the cost of a clear bra.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0