02-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #1451
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
My injectors 1-4 bombed last year. Replacement of all plus a few 100k items while the car was apart cost me $2500...this shit is expensive
It definitely isn't as easy going as replacing the injectors in a Honda S2000, or even a civic SI. The problem with DI engines I guess.....don't even want to think of this happening again any time soon. I was going to just replace ALL the coilpacks, spark plugs, injectors, as well as the HPFP (just to do it for piece of mind); before this even happened....but I couldn't get to it in time. The cost of that though....

Anyone know any good shops that sell coilpacks/injectors/HPFP/spark plugs - for future reference? I paid 75$ a coilpack at one shop, and $295 for one injector at another shop....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
They have no apparently revised the injectors again (to fix N67 issues) and now if one breaks and you can't fix it, you get to replace all 6 since the new aren't compatible with the old. So if you do have an injector go, hope like hell you can find an "old" one so you don't have to replace 6 of them bad boys.
I have heard from two different places about not being able to replace 1 injector (BMW has to do it). So I called this performance shop (AT Speed Motorsports; Hanover, MD). They diagnosed the car and got it running and seems to be running "fine" again. Other shops in my close area were saying that the car has specific injector types for each cylinder, and they can't replace just one. This place replaced it and the car is running again. They specialize in "BMW/Porsche." This engine is confusing the hell out of me.
Appreciate 0