View Single Post
      05-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #62
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

Alright guys-having spend the better part of this weekend aggressively tracking the PSS.

Verdict: At the track where temp reached 90'+, they did not become greasy. A few other folks who were running on PS2s had mad greasy tires having done the same run group as me. Visually after each session-the PSS had pretty wear all round.

Side Note: This experience was based on 4-30 min sessions in the novice group which means I may have not pushed the tires (in terms of braking and handling) to the degree as more advanced drivers. My instructor did note that I drove pretty aggressively for a novice (if that means anything..)

I drove about 4.5hrs home from the track the same day with no issues. We also encountered some patches of heavy rain on the way and these tires were a champ even at 70+mph in the rain.

Conclusion:

These tires are excellent all round tires providing exceptional capabilities during the summer be it track or road. Wish it had rained at the track for a bit to explore grip at high speed wet runs.
My money may have been better spent on track tires (RS3 or NT01/NT05) however most of these tires totally suck in the rain which means I wouldn't have been able to drive home. I don't have the luxury of a trailer to carry an extra set of tires. Cheers!

Disclaimer: These tires only had about 1000 miles on them before I took them to the track. Your experiences may differ depending on the usage/wear and miles on these tires.

Last edited by checkmate; 05-10-2012 at 10:15 AM..
Appreciate 0