04-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #554
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 M3, '18 S560, '16 G63

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamer786 View Post
It says on Tischer that pre-9/2009 CIC vehicles will need to go the dealership for upgrade so will I not be able to use the USB stick with the FSC code. I'm trying to find out but can't get a conclusive answer, even called the nearby dealership and they didn't know whether I need the USB or DVDs. I have a 2009 M3 with a build date of 03/2009. Anyone have any ideas or should I just give it a try? Been reading for hours.
My friend has a build date of 06/2009. His software has been updated to the latest. He was able to import the map using the USB media via the glove box.

If your software has never been updated, chances are you won't be able to do the USB update. My suggestion is to actually purchase the software update from your local dealer (you will need to bring in the car to them, sometimes overnight). This shouldn't cost more than $300 (my old car was about 200). Sometimes free sometimes not, depending how you push it but that's another topic. While they're updating, you can download the maps onto 32gb usb, and buy the code from sergej. Net total: max 340 probably. And you have the newest software, 240E+

This route is cheaper than just bringing in the car to have the dealer do the map update. I think they might update your software then upload the maps or maybe use a set of DVDs to load the maps for you. Either way, dealer prices on navi updates isn't cheap.

Like other said, best way is to download the USB first and then plug in glove box. If it pops up, you can buy the code, Sergej will get it to you pretty quickly. If not, do the above.

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 | 2014 AW X5 | 2015 MB S550 | 2016 RR V8 (White FTW)
Mods - BPMTune Stg1/Servo, Euro Visors & Side Mirror, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, OEM Perf. CF Trim/Spoiler, Grills, Lights, Pedals, Umnitza V4 AE, ModeCarbon GTS V1, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i
Appreciate 0