05-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #14
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by akssriva View Post
Well, by buying an M3, you're already stepping out of the simple zone so might as well spend a little more. The Tech Pkg is highly reccomended.
Man! It's becoming more and more harder to skip the Tech pkg....But I guess I'm still not so much of a fan for the Tech stuff....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab5er View Post
I'm in love with a stripper
Same here...hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
If you want a "stripper" then:

- why do you get Leather seats? You should get the speed cloth (which btw looks very sporty).

- Alarm system is useless in my opinion.

- The tech package is a more tricky answer to answer:

* the Nav system is not the best and it is easier to upgrade your Tom/Tom or Garmin when it dies.
* MDM mode is not the most important; whether you drive it with DSC or not (if you are a good driver).
* On the other hand the EDC, Servotronic and Power controls could be more useful if you plan on going on a track from time to time, but again, not key for everyday use.

- also, are the folding seats still an option on the e90? I would recommend you get that if you want to load skis or something in your car someday.

My 2 cents.
i am getting the "speed cloth". It's a cloth and leather combo. I've also heard that the BMW nav is not all that. The rear folding seats may not come of any use to me. The alarm I feel may come useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertige View Post
+1. Might as well save on the Alarm if your going the stripper route.
Maybe...but the Alarm lets me know that my M3 is secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Sup man? Glad you decided to go with an '09! I would really suggest you to still go with the tech package...i can give you a call whenever I'm in the area and give you a ride and what not in my car if you want...since the dealership won't really let you get on it there lol

BTW, awesome color choice! I have yet to see an Interlagos Blue in person!
Thanks Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqui View Post
i much prefer the 18s to the 19s, maybe it has to do with a dark exterior. if the 19s were stock and the 18s were the 2k option, i would probably get them, they make the car.

i would get an 08 if i were you; you arent looking for lots of options, you seem price-conscious, and i dont know if you are really fussy, but i see no reason in ordering unless i know exactly what i want to the tee.
Same here. i think the 18"s are seriously under-rated. I'm choosing to order since it'll let me have it exactly the way I would like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
-

Good for you!
Thanks!
Appreciate 0