View Single Post
      04-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
rantarM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I take the little heat shield on the driver's side off. To do that, I have to remove the rear undertray bolts and the center ones so it is just hanging from the front. That gives me several more inches. No problem then. Done this several times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3amigos View Post
On the passenger side, i was able to just unplug the sensor then unclip the wire. I had to loosen the skid plate though to get the driver side unplugged. There are two 10mm screws that hold the bracket in place, they needed go be loosened in order to free the connector and wire. Its not too difficult.
Can either of you tell me if the nut on the lower 10mm bolt is welded into place? I checked out some photos from a diy with the shield removed and the hexagonal spacer seems to be fixed in place so no risk of it falling away if I remove that 10mm bolt. But I saw that the lower bolt is held in place with a nut. I just can't imagine that nut not being welded or fixed to the bracket because there's just no space in there to hold the nut while torquing the lower bolt. I sure hope it's fixed in place.
Appreciate 0