12-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #320
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ_trackman View Post
Julie, I love the look of those ZCP replicas and hope to get a setup like yours for next year. To get through this winter I stumbled upon a sweet deal on a lightly used set of A7's with Dunlops. The guy selling them had just traded his 2010 E90 M3 in on a new 2013 M5 and he only lives a couple hours from me so shipping wasn't an issue. Did you go with the stock 245/265 on the Blizzaks or did you downsize to 235/255 ?

TQ
Hey trackman - I bought my tires from Ben at tirerack (great guy btw and often recommended here) and he advised to go with the slightly larger 255/275.

He said his experience is that the OEM 245/265 tires are just too small for the ZCP wheels. The stock (summer) tires are already very stretched, and he explained that the issue is exacerbated with winters, which generally need to be slightly larger for a given size of wheel.

I also saw a thread on bimmerpost where that actually happened to someone. The guy brought his tires to the dealership and they tried and tried but could not fit his winter 246/265 tires on his (stock) ZCP wheels.

The tire shop even had trouble installing my 255/ 275 tires, so I'm glad I didn't go any smaller!

Here's a screen shot of what I purchased.
Attached Images