10-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #43
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpenWhite25 View Post
Basicaly i was siriously thinking on going for that Kreissieg System.It is pretty expenssive thought...if i recall correctly it costs around 4.000 Euro and it is a complete CatLess system.The second thing that draw me back from this choise was the CELs.I am confident that with no Cats at all there will be Chec Engine Lights all over the place....and i would NOT like to see that on a 2008 model 100.000 Euro Car.
Can anyone confirm that it is a catless system? I had no idea, I thought it did have a cat. If it doesn't, screw it. Again, the biggest downfall to this system is the complete lack of information, such as whether it has cats, will it pass emissions (which is actually a big question that none of the systems answer) etc.

I thought it was a "cat-back system" implying it started after the cats. Also, its only noisy when you want it to be. In normal mode I assume its livable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irb Digital View Post
I may have worded it differently but great question. Some of the exhausts, just sound crappy to me. To think that some of these companies charge almost $3k for 2 stainless steel mufflers is insane. Sound is important to me as it captures the soul of a sports car. So i'm pretty particular about how it sounds, especially at $3k plus.

That Kreisseg sounded F'n awesome. Interior noise was at jackhammer levels though. So I couldn't do it, and that price would be steep in U.S. Dollars, so imagine my dismay when I noticed it was Euros! Hands down though, my favorite exhaust is the Amuse....by a landslide. Its got the best look and sound of any exhaust, i've ever seen. But since when is an exhaust worth the price of a brand new Ducati Superbike? Sh*t, I'd buy Scion xB before I dropped $15k on an exhaust.

I've singled it down to 4 systems now. Eisenmann race, AA, Vorsteiner, Meistershaft GT. All have pros/cons. I've excluded the Magnaflow from my list of 4 due to lack of information about the system. But I'm really interested in seeing what they decide to release, and it should be at a very competitive price point.

Eisenmann needs to release a no-cut version though. Especially at that price point. I'm not real bad about interior noise, but I don't want to have to speak over my muffler, or have my exhaust drowning out my bluetooth. Anyone with the Eisanmann race, feel free to chime in on interior noise levels.

AA's system looks and sounds good. Plus I like the fact that they have a few other performance products for sale. It's not a bad price either, and it bolts up. Only downside is I don't think it sounds as good as the Eisanmann.

Vorsteiner is looking like the best bargain if you're a Ti freak. The price is awesome for Ti system, and it looks good. Again didn't impress me as much as Eisenmann in the sound department, but still a great buy none the less.

Meistershaft GT is looking and sounding awesome. However "Eisenhaus" has really damaged their reputation, and there have been quality issues in the past. So this seems like a risky buy. I'm also unsure of the price, but damn it sounds good.

If anyone has any first-hand experience with these exhausts please chime in, especially in the interior noise department.
Irb, I can't agree with you more on everything you said. You and I see eye to eye on this exhaust issue

My question is, you seem to indicate you have heard the Kreisseg in person by your comment about it sounding like a jackhammer inside. Is that based on you hearing it in person or just the many videos they have on youtube? If in person, where, when and how can I get that same experience?

I found a distributor in NJ & NY, so I will be contacting them over the winter/early spring to see if I can get more information and then run it by the shop that will be doing the install to see what they think. What I hear from the dealer and what I hear from my installer will make my decision. But for as good as this exhaust sounds when in F1 mode, and the fact I can turn that mode on and off, and the fact that no other exhaust really captures that F1 sound buried deep in the S65's blood, I will take the hit to the wallet to get this system.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.

Last edited by e46e92love; 10-15-2008 at 10:53 PM..
Appreciate 0