04-20-2011, 11:17 PM   #15
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
I use sRGB, optimized for internet. I have printed a couple of vanity books and was really very happy with the colors. Maybe if I printed some larger prints it might become more important to me, but I'm viewing on a 47" HDTV and 24.1" 1920p monitor and not feeling short changed.

I would love to see one of the mega-bucks, billion-colors monitors next to my fairly high end, color and contrast calibrated NEC. I may be missing something, but I don't see it. I ask my young daughters to use their young eyes to compare colors and they, and I, can see the oversaturated colors on Windows IE when you use RGB, but that's a problem with IE, not the camera or the RGB color scheme. On a color corrected browser, they and I can't see a difference.

I'm figuring that if it's hard for a high end user, like me, to see a demonstration of the difference and advantages, then my average viewer isn't go to know any difference.

Since 99.9% of my viewers see my images online, I'm sticking with sRGB for now, but I could be swayed with one really convincing demonstration, after which I'll kick myself for recently buying NEC instead of EIZO.

Dave