03-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #91
e82mon
The Ice Cream Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarE36 View Post
Ya by the time i decided to get the V, i had learned how to block the sound of that hater. I meditate, and the haters just fade from my mind.

But ya, i agree, its the sedan to have these days. Sure doesnt act like one!
Anyway man, thanks for the support!

and about telling you whats better, im going to predict ill like the V better, because for all the cool things the z06 can do, it really is quite uncomfortable and jarring to drive over long distances.

The V from what ive experienced thus far in a very limited test drive (in an auto, which im not getting) seemed to be much more comfortable and smooth while retaining allot of the straight-line grunt and lateral composure that the z06 shows in a slightly less obnoxious and flashy package.

I love the tranny they share (except for the shift blocking gas saving feature) which in my oppinion makes it easier to make quick and deliberate shifts then you can with bmw long-throw shifters.

Playing around with the z06 and getting used to its tranny and clutch were one of the reasons i ended up preferring the V to the m3, i just dont like the overly insulated and rubbery shifters that BMW throws into their performance cars, when they really should have short throw shifters.

Plus the interior of the V is incredibly impressive, despite the belief of alot of people, GM's high end caddy interiors ARE up to par with that of any german competitor (with the exception of Audi IMO) and has a really nice looking (touchscreen) gps (which is so much better then idrive)

I CANT WAIT

i just hope this GM's roof doesn't fall off!

thats ur opinion not a fact....
Appreciate 0