View Single Post
      10-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #29
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
absolutley worth it why? i live in a large lot community where everyone is on at least 1 acre. mine is 1.1 acres. the car parks in the bay at the red x. just how far is the noise going to travel that it is an issue? i understand condos, apartments, zero lot line homes and everyone that lives on top of each other where houses are all shoehorned onto little lots, but we are spread out, and my garages all surround a small courtyard. the sound in the video above sounds badass. bmw installed cold start for a reason. if you are not going to bother your neighbors, why is it "absolutely worth it"?
Do you currently have cold start with aftermarket full exhaust? If not, go for it and report back. I love the sound of my exhaust but the cold start was not something to get excited about. It has a low, annoying resonance that echo's off of walls. Other exhaust systems may sound better at cold start. It's a cool sound with OEM exhaust and probably a slip-on exhaust but it's a different story once you go to full exhaust.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0