View Single Post
      03-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #80
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybimmer View Post
No matter how shitty Ford looks, there is a well known fact, M3s/AMGs or German sports cars in general cost a lot of money and they are well overpriced. The M3 coupe isn't worth $80,000. Far from it. It's a glorified 3 series (interior wise as well as body/exterior wise) car nothing more. If you remove the bump in the hood and the extra exhaust pipes coming out from the rear, you are looking at a 3 series coupe with bigger tires nothing more. The real deal is obviously inside in the transmission, suspension, brakes, LSD, engine, and so on, but definitely NOT the interior. Because of the fact that their regular 3 series cost so much, BMW charges shitload of money for the M3. When the 335 coupe costs 50k, they are not going to charge 60k for the M3, obviously you are going to pay a 25k premium to start with.

What ford is doing is a great thing for the auto industry, especially those german bavarian elitists, because now they have competition in their doorstep. Our friends from detroit USA, owned the hell out of their track car with less than half the price, as for the interior, give me a break please. If I want interior, I'll go with a F10 or E class, if I'm getting an M3 for the interior, I have some serious issues. None of these apply to sedan obviously because someone buying that can make the case of buying a family car hence caring about the interior.

I'm sorry, I love the M3 so much, most likely I will end up buying one myself, but these overpriced german cars are being too much and I'm from europe, grew up there and lived there till I was 18 years old so I know a thing or two about the european mentality, especially the germans and how they love holding a fork and knife with silk gloves (/sarcasm).

Good job ford, you have done a fantastic job. Maybe now they can back their 80k car, which is a phenomenal sports car, with a high quality interior that's worth that 80k, not some cheap plastic that's an upgrade from a toyota camry or a ford taurus.
It is obvious that you own a 335 and not an m3. For one, over 75% of the parts on the m3 are different to that of a 335; this is quoted from the BMW M video you can pull from the BMW site.

In terms of the body, only the doors, windows and trunk are shared. The front fenders are CFRP (CRP) and wider, the back ones are also wider, the hood, trunk, side skirts and bumpers are also different. If one opted for the CF roof, that is obviously different too.

In the interior, the leather is superior to that of the leather on the 335. M3 uses Novillo which is much nicer and softer. I also have a 2011 X5d that has the same leather as the 335 and believe me, Novillo is a world away from the Dakota.

-SZ
Appreciate 0