View Single Post
      12-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

Technocraft Envy Charge Pipe....Installed

So I installed the charge pipe last night and it definitely wasn't as easy as I thought it was. I mean it wasn't hard, just tedious. The charge pipe is a beautiful piece but has some fitment issues. Maybe it was just mine but I would love for others who have this piece to chime in. So the tedious part to this particular install was using the electrical tape to create a nice seal between charge pipe to manifold. I had to wrap the manifold about 5-6 revolutions. Wrapping the manifold was a bitch!!

Here's the part I'm unsure about. Does the charge pipe need to have an airtight seal? Because initially I only used about 2 layers on each end and that definitely was not sufficient in creating a nice, tight seal. I thought fitment was actually pretty wack for a piece that cost 650. Of course, I proceeded to use more electrical tape to create a more proper seal.

The stock charge pipe pretty much has an airtight seal. So again, how important is it to create that same seal with the Envy Charge Pipe? Any input from you guys would be much appreciated.

Overall Impression:
Thus far, my impression is....NICE!!! Butt Dyno tells me that there's a lot more pull in the low RPM range and it seems to scream harder in the high RPM range. I just feel insecure about the fitment of the piece. Might re-install. Not sure yet tho. Looks-wise, it's the 'ISH. The piece looks really nice in the car. Probably looks even better with the entire system. Wish Technocraft would have made their charge pipe more similar to Agency's with the rubber or silicon hose on each end of the charge pipe for better fitment.
Appreciate 0