View Single Post
      10-06-2009, 07:01 AM   #26
nova_G
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Sorry that your delusional bud. I like how you say its cheaper to mod the S4. doesn't that MTM ECU tune cost like $3,500? I got my tune , rear section and pulley for that much. My car was making around 490-500hp crank and that was more then enough to squash any Audi I've encounted except Monster B5's with more then 450whp/wtq On race fuel and meth injection or upgraded turbos.
I think MTM is more comparable to Dinan on terms of pricing. I have a feeling that other tuners (APR,GIAC) will be making a better aftermarket ECU for half that price. Also we all know how a company can charge premium prices for aftermarket parts especially if they're the only option for that specific mod. The price will eventually come down just like how like it does in the past with FI'd cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin
So sorry if I dont see a threat not even for the 335 much less the M3 no matter what you post.
Seriously? I can understand the M3 since they're totally different but a stock S4 is pretty much the same thing as a stock 335i in terms of performance. If there are tuned 335i's beating stock M3's in the straight then I have no reason to believe that a tuned S4 will do the same which it did (140mph+ doesn't count).

I'm curious as to why it seems like you're getting so defensive? No one said the S4 is comparable to the M3 overall. The M3 wins in everything stock for stock. The only time where a S4 might out shine a stock m3 or even a lightly modded M3 is in the 1/4 and that's all I see happening. But seriously, who gets an M3 to run it in the 1/4?