gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluFelgen View Post
+1

You can't generalize wheels by manufacturing process or price. A forged wheel can be as weak as a cast wheel if not properly engineered, the same goes for a cast wheel, it can be as strong as a forged wheel if properly engineered.

Our wheels for example are rated at 1600lbs per corner. They are as strong as any forged wheel out there, the downsize is that they require more weight to achieve that strength. The plus size, you can get four or five sets of wheels for the price of one set of forged wheels.

To the OP, try to get a set of low-pressure cast wheels which is much more stronger than Gravity cast.
I hit a HUGE pothole yesterday and was sure I damaged something. Pulled over, checked the passenger front tire and wheel and all is fine. Tonight, no air leaks, nothing. It was a bad hit too. I'm running on Alufelgen SF-71s. I'm very happy... not to say I couldn't bend one but it proved to be very strong. Clearly the quality is good. I chose these for that very reason and am happy I did so.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0