View Single Post
      07-13-2014, 10:23 PM   #22
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

That is what is good about these forums. We all have opinions and if I am wrong then I am okay with learning something new.

I just can't see how siphoning out of the reservoir will get the fluid out of the lines and the rack-and-pinion. I would imagine if you drained the reservoir and filled it up and drive the car for a short period and did this process a few more times all you would be doing is mixing new oil with old oil.

My thinking process may be wrong but I don't see how this would be good practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoosting View Post
I disagree. I recently siphoned and drained my reservoir to replace my PS fluid, yes it will take about 4-6 full siphons and refills but it replaces all the fluid.

I only needed a 1L can of new fluid. I would siphon the reservoir, refill, start the car, turn the wheel many times lock to lock and then repeat until the new can was empty. I checked the fluid in the reservoir a few days later and it still looked brand new, hinting at the fact that I replaced the entire volume.
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0