09-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #16
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
Love the 3rd picture: Gatorade, is it in you? The car is so bad a$$ that you need to drink gatorade to pilot the thing! wow, nice lap times. 1:48-1:47. Not bad. Makes me feel good about my 1:53, that I did there a few weeks ago. Gingerman is highly dependent on track conditions for times. My car had some mechanical issues, so I could have easily gone a bit faster. Saw a C6 Z06 with I/H/E in the advanced group, that couldn't break 1:50, and 2 mostly stock E90 M3 sedans that were running 1:55s that day. Clearly the cars could do much better than that, so track conditions are a big factor.
Didn't notice the Gatorade. Got to stay hydrated driving that thing!

Thanks. Yes, pretty nice conditions -- mid 60's for most of the day. Only downside was about a 30 mph headwind coming down the back straight. I like to think that I left a couple of tenths on the table because of it.

I've found that seconds are gained and lost at Gingerman in a couple of sections in particular. Turns 5-6, as well as through 8-9 and into 10. Don't know you're way through there and how to keep speed/momentum, forget about sub 1:50. Almost doesn't matter how fast the car is down the straights. A very line dependent track. Part of the reason I enjoy it so much I think.

Appreciate 0