Username: M3RD
Region: Idaho USA
Dealership Name: Idaho Falls BMW
Sales or Service: Service
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Service and Parts Manager
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): -1
Work Performed/Attempted: see comments below
Recommended? (Yes or No): NO
Additional Comments: While on a US road trip last summer with my then new Z4 35i I experienced a flat on my rear driver site wheel. The flat was due to a crack on my wheel. I was told by this dealership: The US and Canadian Warranty are not the same (this turned out later not to be true) and I only have two options open to me, 1) Be towed to the nearest Canadian dealership by road side assistance or 2) Order a new wheel and have them ship the old one to Canada for warranty claims.

I opted to order a new wheel. Once the dealership received the new wheel (BMW Style 296) they said, sorry we don't change wheels this is done at the tire shop. So I followed the Parts Manager to the tire shop. He introduced me and then promptly left. The shop people there went to work on my old wheel using tire irons and actually damaged my wheel (BMW Canada later declared the wheel bend). While in this tire shop I asked all other wheels to be checked for cracks, this was done and the passenger rear wheel was also found having 2 hairline cracks. I decided to drive home very carefully (3000 KM) with the two hairline cracks.

All this dealership did for me is a) put air in my tires. b) order a new wheel. and c) gave me wrong information about the BMW warranty.

If you live near this dealership avoid it like the plague

The final "Resting Place" of the wheel that I had to drag all the way home in my then 2 seater now a $700- Garden Hose Holder can be seen below, keeping my winter cover company.

Edit ... added the wheel and the final resting placed ... Shame BMW
Attached Images

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 12-07-2012 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: Added Photos
Appreciate 0