View Single Post
      11-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #1400
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

AW750li...I guess it all depends on needs and where you live. I consider myself fortunate that I can keep my E90 and have X5M for DD duties. Granted it was pre-owned, but low mileage and I tend to keep it for a while.

Unless this new M4/M3 is going to be better in every regards, I just love the current m3 too much and will intend to keep this car as long as I can.

Personally the E90 does DD very well. Much better than my TTRS did. Hence why I got the X5M.

It's a tough call.

Feel free to send me a PM. We can chat offline and I can give you a good breakdown. I mean X5M is a big truck, but with the right suspension it can make it feel smaller. Just getting rid of the RFT and doing the dinan suspension has made a world of a difference in handling and agility.I still have to get used to spirited driving in this. It accelerates so fast and can take corners like I didn't think was possible for a vehicle this size. Is it as nimble And steering as responsive as the M..heck no. Totally different car though. Tranny is a little clunky is sport mode. I use the paddles and drive in M mode most of the time once everything is warmed up. And I have to say the 6 speed paddle tranny is not that bad. Good downshifts and quick up shifts.

Certainly no DCT. If they put that in this in the new X5M it will be one hell of a machine.
Appreciate 0