United_States
Rep
Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaky View Post
...I am suffering with all I can describe as bad resonance/drone at the 1800 - 2200 rpm range, to such a degree that any long trips result in a dull headache at the end of the journey....
I cannot imagine driving at 1800-2200 rpms. That's practically lugging the engine, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiscarlos59 View Post
Hi i just installed the eisenmann race exhaust muffler only and the inside cabin noise is so loud at 2-3k rpms. Anyone has done something to reduce this inside noise?
I have the Eisenmann Race now, and it drones, but for me it's really limited to a range of 2800-3200 RPM, and if I go just a touch over or under that range, it subsides substantially. Unfortunately my habit from my previous car was to cruise a lot in that range. I find I am shifting around so I can avoid cruising in that range. Since it's not my DD, I'm coping fine for now. And the sound otherwise is so marvelous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter View Post
...the Performance Exhaust is good at avoiding this problem....
One thing I've noticed is that the M Performance Exhaust (which I had on my previous car and my friend has on her car now) and the OEM stock exhaust exhibit a harmonic resonance in that same range, but the hum is so quiet most people don't even notice it and one can't really call it "drone". In this sense, the MPE is a big winner in my book (and I love the sound at WOT).
Appreciate 0