View Single Post
      05-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #16
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

it actually stated for racing only on there bf when i got it but maybe they have changed it i haven't looked

i have FL plates so that is how i get away with the no cats for street use bc down there is no inspection for cars so pretty much anything flies down there.

as for the power it is def sweet and so much of a difference then just the rear section like you said. this was the best mod for me so far in terms of power,sound, and overall satisfaction. i may have to get NY plates soon then i am gonna have to figure something out bc i am not sure if i can get away with no cats for the inspection up here

if you can't get this one bc of the laws check out the Akra midpipe, it makes about the same power i believe but has cats. not sure if it will sound the same but a member on here has the akra mid and rear but with a Dinan tune and he loves it and said it sounds great. Stalker is the member and he is up near you so maybe he can tell you what you can get away with law wise and if you guys are close maybe you can listen to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU View Post
Thanks again. I am sure there has to be some warranty (just re-read it and for sure they only warrant workmanship - basic issue of emmissions) but what I was wrestling with was whether it was legal to drive with it? In Canada with have similar laws as in California, as such, they are very hard on offenders if they are caught. Normally BMW and such DINAN by association would not install or sell products that would not pass for street use unless I would expect a waiver would have to be signed.

Are you able to tell me if this is an issue for you or did the mid pipe exhaust in fact pass for street use? For me, I would go for the mid pipe for sure with the stated HP gains on the mid pipe versus the Free Flow is substantial with the mid pipe rated at 23 HP gain and the Free Flow is rated at 6 HP gain. No comparison. The fact is I would and I am having a hard time justifying $2400 for 6 HP and a little nicer sounding exhaust.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0