View Single Post
      03-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #20
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3000fl View Post
I cant speak for Texas but in Florida as a concealed weapon holder I have to avoid escalating a conflict, I can't place myself into a fight where I need to pull a gun in self defense, i have to avoid conflict and basically back down and be a pussy. He was in the wrong for escalating and then pulling a weapon.

<snip>

In short... If you pull a gun you had better not have started it or had a part of the escalation, you better be in real fear of your life, and better make sure you shoot to kill and not wave it around to gain leverage. He fucked up by not meeting any of these conditions.
Really? So what's the deal with the Trayvon Martin case where the neighborhood watch guy actually follows the kid on the street, initiates a conflict despite being told specifically by the 911 operator not to pursue the kid and shoots the kid dead, yet does not get arrested?

I'm not trying to start an argument about the right to bear arms, just genuinely curious about your knowledge of Florida gun laws and how they do or don't apply in the Trayvon Martin case.
Appreciate 0