Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbraslins View Post
I don't track often, but when I do ...

No, seriously, I don't track very often, but my pace is picking up and as I am learning more, I am starting to notice more and more how car behaves in corners.

This weekend at VIR I found myself having to actually soften the car because it had some bouncing coming out of corners on throttle and straights. My initial instinct was to stiffen it up, but Tom Long suggested I soften it instead. He suspected it had too much rebound dampening. Softening it 2 clicks fixed it, but introduced slight body roll.

Overall still incredibly happy with them. I do feel like they are best compromise for a DD car. But now I wish I had two-way adjustables

Problem is, any two-way adjustable would ruin the street comfort, that Ohlins have.

Luckily, I don't plant to track E90 all that often. Hoping to build an e46 330 for future spec e46 class.
Two-ways will not necessarily ruin street comfort, in some cases it could even improve it having the ability to independently adjust compression and rebound. If you pair them with stiff springs, hard camber plates, and rear shock mounts, then that's a different story.

Thanks for sharing the continuous updates!

Appreciate 0