View Single Post
      10-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #55
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila View Post
It is very true that the 997.2 C2S (cannot speak of earlier gen.) has a floaty steering feel above 80-90mph. It is better in the GT3RS. If you add cannards it improves even more. The new 991 C2S seems better in that sense. I had only a testdrive and did not drive the old 997.2 at the same time but the front end felt more planted. On the other hand the steering did not feel as communicative as my RS. I actually liked that since for DD I need a more GTish car. Would like to replace the M3 with the C4S just because it would be something different, something new, on the other hand I am not convinced that the new C4S is better than my current M3 for DD (with kids etc) May just hold out for the new turbo. I really cannot make up my mind. I even thought about the Panamera for DD.
The RS is like a scalpel. Sweet machine for sure. With kids and an RS already in the stable, I would either keep the M3 or opt for the Panny. I love the front end, interior and performance of the PannyS but still not sold on the car as whole (profile doesn't do it for me... purely subjective). I would probably look at the M5, but that's just me.

Sounds like you can't go wrong with your upcoming decision. Nice "problem" to have. I just could not make any of my 911's work from a DD standpoint for a number of reasons. Unfortunately, I was not in a position to hold on to the 997TT as purely a weekend car.
Appreciate 0