View Single Post
      05-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #19
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post

Won't help. They come when they know the house is empty, maybe even watching you and observing your routine for a few days beforehand. They'll find your gun, file off the serial, and now they will get a free gun to pawn or to use if they're in a gang or something.

When I lived in Baltimore I learned the hard way that 90% of robberies in cities are hood kids or crack heads/drug addicts (i see you live in dallas) and the other 10% are pros. The kids sneak in through a 1 foot by 8 inch air conditioning vent, or slide through that 6 inch crack on safety windows, they even got in IN BETWEEN the security bars I had on my windows on my house in baltimore. They run in with a backpack while another kid keeps watch, take everything they can and run away faster than you can run, all while you're not at home.

the pros just break down a flimsy door. If they think someone's home they wont even bother. They watch you for days and plan. Best thing to do is to get a security system. Doesn't even matter if it's connected to the actual police because the thieves will be long gone by the time police get there whether they decide to steal stuff or not. Just get a LOUD AS FUCK one that your neighbors 6 streets down can hear. Nobody's gonna want to stick around when something like that is blaring. Also, if you ARE being watched, thieves tend to go for the easiest targets so if they observe you punching in a security code every time you enter or exit the house, they'll find somewhere else that's easier to rob.

Sorry to hear about it OP. Take it from me, I've had my house broken into multiple times, been held up at gunpoint, been accosted by crack heads. I know what it's like. I want to bash some heads in too. I've thought about guns and guard dogs, but the best thing is really a loud-ass security system.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0