View Single Post
      09-22-2012, 05:59 AM   #99
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
I appreciate the support, and yes all humans are meant to be educated, some are less receptive than others, ever watch a child

I agree with the too intelligent part, but believe it's a societal approach not an individula approach and that's where we can change things.

My exact point.

The problem is society, not individuals. For instance, how many sci-fi movies or movies about science have a positive result? Not many. Also, look at pop culture, what do we deify, beauty and athleticism, which is a societal choice. Change the focus and we change the world. I'm not saying it's easy, but I haven't given up on society yet. Love, anger, fear, these are conditions of animals, not humans, rationality and reason are the sole human conditions we should focus on. Yes it may appear we are beyond repair, but what do you think the romans said when the barbarians were at the gate... Just remember evolution only moves forward in the face of a crisis and that may be the necessary evil to move us to the next phase... the new renaissance is upon us, hop on board or be left behind
As advanced as the human brain is in comparison to any other creature, we are not completely devoid of animalistic instinct. We are, still, after all, animals.

My question still stands: What does one do when faced with an abusive law officer?