10-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpblue View Post
My M3 Sedan got me through about 90inches of snow in SE Wisconsin last year. With snows on it, it will drive better in the snow than an S4 with all seasons on it. The only time I couldn't drive was when there was 3ft. of freshly fallen snow on the ground. I hate to tell you that the S4 would have been grounded too. So don't let the weather thing change your mind.

If you care about performance, then the M3 is much better. I also think it is a better looking car, but that is subjective. Personally I would never own an Audi, as everyone that I know that has one, has had problems with it.

Either way, they are both good cars. Just ask yourself if you will second guess yourself if you buy the S4, everytime you see an M3. I'm thinking yes. If you buy an M3 and you see an S4, you will not second guess yourself.
LOL, the S4 doesn't come equipped with "all-seasons," and just imagine it with snow tires.

OP, pick the car that floats your boat. You're not going to get objective advice by asking people on a BMW forum for objective opinions on another car.