View Single Post
      06-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
SumoJax
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 e93

track tire setup? square or staggered??

Just got back from 6th gear event at Mosport today. What a great day and hats of to 6th gear for running a great event. Open track and great food!! Good variety of cars too. Got to try my new ESS VT2 600 install on the track for the first time, gave a few ferraris, porches, mustangs and GTRs a surprise in the straights!!

Unfortunately my day was cut short as i decided to stop running in the afternoon as I discovered my front tires were taking a real beating with lots of tire roll and a few "chunks" on the outside tread of the drivers side tire.

Braiden Tire service was on site for the event and the tech thought my pressure may have been too low causing a lot of tire roll. I was running about 40-42 hot but then on his advise bumped it up to 45-47. Felt better but the "chunk" was getting worse, needed to save tires to drive home and didn't want to chance a blowout on the track.

I'm currently running stock 19" with staggered ps2. Thinking I'll save these for the street and get a set of 18" for the track days.
Any advise on a 18" track set would be great!!!

Appreciate 0