09-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #39
MMMMM3
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jerez Black e90 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HREM3 View Post
Don't let arrogant comments like his get under your skin.

I have owned both. The M3 is almost 4 years old, and the 1m is one year old. I still say the M3 is a better all around car.

I have a funny story when I was searching for a 1M a fellow 1addict member was helping me find one and in one conversation we had he said something along the lines of "The M3 is a boat bro. My friend has one, and I just don't like it. It's such a boat".

He didn't know that I owned an M3 so I just kinda gave him the smile and nod, and kept my opinions to myself, because in all reality yes the 1M is lighter, and feels it... but its not exactly light..

That 1addict member sold his 1M after less than one year of ownership. If you look at the 1Addict classifieds a good amount of them were driven for a few hundred/thousand miles and then sold. I don't know what that means..its a love it or hate it type vehicle.

The 1M is a very rare car, which I love. I just don't think it has anything on the M3 in any aspect. It may be easier to highway drive because of the torque, but that's about it.
It is a bit of a boat. I've even ended up with plates that read NBOA14T. So even the woman at the RTA where I got my plates was trying to tell me something by the plates she assigned me. I love driving it, and who really cares what other people think? I get C63 drivers giving me the same speech trying to talk me into trading it in for a Merc. I don't think M3 drivers are as rude, to go around telling other people how to live, and what to drive. Get a life people.
Appreciate 0