View Single Post
      10-25-2012, 06:39 AM   #9
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
That was always how I understood meth to work but my car isn't actually tuned for meth, I use it to lower IAT's and when I explained this to a few other car guys they said they heard that it can rob power in certain situations. I had never ears of meth causing power loss or issues unless your car was tuned for it and then some sort of failure happened such as a pump went out or you simply ran out of meth. I actually just found where I saw that another member turned meth off because it robbed power in cooler temperatures. In the new world record quarter mile thread it says that 1sickM turned his meth off because off power loss. Hopefully he will chime in
Too much meth will drop power. It may be that in the summer you can run more but in the winter you have to drop some, assuming you do not have a meth tune. On my turbo E36M3, I run it for octane safety only with no tune and run only about 10% meth to fuel. I would agree it is possible it is costing me a little power on that car. If I dyno again, I may try with it and without it. The E90M3 with meth tune won't lose any power since the meth is replacing fuel and timing is advanced and air fuel ratios are altered.
Appreciate 0