View Single Post
      07-24-2016, 04:57 AM   #17
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
[QUOTE=Nugget;20288711]I thought I would outline my experience of purchasing a BPMSport engine and DCT tune through M3 world.

Flashing: The instructions were incorrect which led to flashing errors and my car not starting. I had to leave it at work over the weekend with the battery disconnected as the car was freaking out with the wipers going and the lights wouldn’t turn off. After a few emails back and forth it was figured out and I got the car flashed.

DCT Tune: I have noticed zero difference. This may be because I only drive in M5.

Firstly sorry to hear about the issues and thanks for the kind comments.

It’s my responsibility as the Distributor of BPM Sport for your region to ensure you have what you need to successfully deploy the ECU/DCT tuning when you don’t want any personal assistance. I therefore have to reply to this post. I take this very seriously and did supply all the files and instructions needed to successfully deploy the tuning. There is a readme file included that gives directions regarding procedures, file deployment download locations and any supplementary notes such as how to prepare a Win8/8.1/10 installation to accept unsigned drivers.

With all the paperwork included it’s easy to gloss over the essential information if you’ve done this sort of thing before. The BPM instructions you received were current at the time of issue but did not account for the possibility a Dealership firmware update (241E) might have been deployed.

This was covered in the supplementary notes instructing to flash the supplied 240E file before overlaying the tuned file. If this was done there would have been no issue.

The other point you make is that you did not notice any real gains in the DCT software.

As you had recently purchased the car from a Dealership there are a few possibilities, most likely is the car had been ECU/DCT tuned by the previous owner and the Dealer flashed over the top of the tuned ECU file with 241E to wipe the tune. This would not wipe a DCT tune and it’s the only plausible explanation why you would not have noticed any difference.

Sadly you didn’t call when this occurred as we would have been able to correct the issue within minutes without inconvenience to you rather than you leaving the car and emailing later. Fortunately it was resolved quickly and you were able to flash the car successfully once the battery was charged.

If you or anyone has any difficulty don’t hesitate to call. For those who are not comfortable deploying tuning files either phone support or connected remote access support is available at no cost and in any reasonable hours including the weekend.

I’ve been working with Mike a number of years and he has in every instance replied within minutes to any question or taken calls after normal working hours.

Again I’m very sorry this has happened to you, and that a negative post has ensued, regardless you have my commitment to assisting where possible
Appreciate 0