View Single Post
      08-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #10
nuzey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
+1... seems the mistake was asking them to inspect it at that level while tuned. Also, I suspect that telling them you weren't tuned won't matter much if they really investigated. They would be able to find it according to some of the top tuning companies.
The problem was that the CEL popped while the tech was driving the car. Not because they checked the ECU. Powerchip claimed the tune is not 'visible' to dealerships. It was true, the tech and my SA never know there was a tune. They just think the ECU was screwing up. So they tried reflashing to factory settings and it turned out that the CEL was gone. When in fact it actually detuned the car. I should've not let them got an extra day working on it But if I did that, the CEL will keep coming on. According to the tech, the CEL came on and off while driving about couple miles, so he wasn't sure what caused that.

It might be part of Powerchip's fault but I am not sure if it is theirs because the CEL never came on. I will be contacting them.