01-17-2015, 02:09 PM   #15
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Honestly if people want to argue the different day/weather/driver thing then ALL of Car and Drivers tests don't mean anything, especially the "sacred" Nurbugring times everyone praises......but I never hear that argument....I wonder why....

This car is a beast, it stops great and handles better than ANY car on the road, ANY car. So let the haters hate because its just some lowsy RWD, S/C pushrod made by an American car company that was bailed out by the Government. But guess what? Its doing work on the road course to all of those other "pure track" cars and at a lower cost.

The ECU thing sucks and GM needs to fix this but even then the car runs around the track and handles its own. The car has been doing very well on the road courses and so far none of the private owners have anything to complain about. The car is very composed and easy to push to its limits and bring back into line once it does get pushed too far.
Re: your ECU quote. At this point in time no owner who has driven the car on a road course has noticed any issues with the car 'pulling timing', or the various temps getting super hot, i.e. engine oil over 300dF. Granted the hottest temps so far have been the high 70'sdF and it remains to be seen what it will run like in an ambient over 95dF, but still somewhat encouraging I think?
Bish
Appreciate 0