View Single Post
      08-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
gobrigavitch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 JZB

How hard is it to find specific used e90 M3's?

Hi

I think I've decided to get an E90 M3 next spring/summer. Here in Canada it's about 76K+ tax (86K$) for minimal options. If I was to order the car I really would like it would be close to 90K without tax. I believe my best option is to get a 1-2 year old car from down south. I've researched the process and it seems doable, and will likely save me 20-30K compared to a similarly equipped new car and 10-15k compared to a similar used car here in Canada. The selection of used M3's in Canada is abysmal. Right now there are only about a dozen total in the whole country and very few sedans.

I'd like an E90 with one of the following color combinations: 1. JB exterior and FR interior. 2. Graphite exterior and FR interior or 3. Red exterior with Black interior. (I've listed them in order of preference. For now anyway). A 2009 or 2010 would be preferrable. I'd like it with DCT, ZTP, ZPP, and fully loaded if possible. Preferably less than 15k miles. Right now on Auto Trader and Yahoo Auto there are no cars that meet that criteria. There are a few that have those options, but I'd have to compromise on color combinations.

Am I being to picky? Will it be reasonably easy to find a car like that? I will travel anywhere within the US to get it. About how much would I have to pay for a fully loaded 2009-2010 E90M3 with about 10K miles? (Right now it looks like a 2008-2009 car like that is about 53-55K would it be a reasonable assumption that it would be similar for a 2009-2010 in 9 months). I'm looking for feedback from others that have gone the used route and there experience finding a car they wanted.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Can I be assured that any DCT I purchased next May-June would be free from the lag I've read about? Should I avoid 2008's or can I easily get it updated? I likely will be purchasing from a large distance so I wouldn't get to test drive until I actually got down there. I'd want to make sure that any car I considered would be free of mechanical issues as I don't want to waste a trip.

Last edited by gobrigavitch; 08-29-2010 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: spelling and added paragraph
Appreciate 0