View Single Post
      08-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

There are still reputable shops out there!

With all of the horror stories you hear about vendors or shops being less than reputable, it is nice to know there are still some good ones out there.

I recently bought a set of Morr VS8.2 wheels and put RE-11 tires on them. I sold my Pilot Super Sport tires that were on my ZCP wheels so I brought the wheels/tires into a local tire shop today to get the PSS dismounted. I have used this particular tire shop before.

I show up about 15 minutes before closing to pick up the dismounted tires and my ZCP wheels. The guy is loading everything into my wife's SUV when I notice a large gouge in one of the wheels. I checked the other three and ALL 4 wheels had similar marks!!!! I grab the manager who was standing nearby and showed her the wheel fully expecting an argument would follow.

I tell her that I am certain they were pristine when they arrived. What was her reaction? Well, she said she looked at the wheels herself when they arrived and she knew that they were perfect and that it must have been something they did. One of the shop guys came over and his first comment was how do we know they did it. The manager's response was "because I know they were perfect when they arrived." She was very upset that it happened but also that the guys didn't tell her and that I saw the issue before she knew about it.

She told me she is going to call BMW tomorrow and if the wheels can't be repaired to new condition they will replace all 4 wheels.

As much as I'm annoyed that it happened, I very much appreciate and respect how the manager dealt with it. Very honest and eager to correct the issue. I suspect that the guy doing the work today might be in a bit of trouble

Anyway, just wanted to share the story because there are still good and reputable shops/vendors in this world and it is refreshing to see. Accidents/issues will happen but what is really important is how it is dealt with.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0