View Single Post
      03-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #27
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw2331 View Post
I'm satisfied too. I plan on doing this every two years as preventative maintenance and I think this method should suffice. How many miles or years has it been for you? How did the coolant look?

I'm not surprised the bleeder screw broke being plastic and subject to a lot of temperature change. I'm going to replace mine during the next coolant service.

I did the MT fluid change not too long ago. After changing the fluid, it definitely felt smoother! 30K mile change is a must for the MT if the car is kept for a long time.
Coolant looked fine to me, kind of hard to tell. Maybe slightly darker? I too plan on doing this every 2 years. I have no idea how long they've been in the car. I bought it used at 57k miles with no service history, and the coolant flush was done at 65k.

I didn't get a new radiator plug and just used the old one with no problem. But after that expansion tank plug snapped on me, I will buying both new everytime I flush the coolant.

As for the MT, I will religously do it every 30k. I also did the diff while I was there, although I didn't do the brake fluid yet.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0