11-13-2011, 12:13 AM   #80
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
The dealership looks cool but I hope that this idea doesn't spread across BMW.

What makes BMW (and MB) different from every other mainstream automaker is that an M is not a rebadged econobox or family hauler. M is an extension of BMW and is in no way like the Lexus/Toyota and Acura/Honda relationship.

You can say the 1M uses a rebadged non-M engine but the 1M is a unique model and won't likely see this model being used across the M line.

I also think that this is a good idea. Look at the BMW Welt. It gets customers and people passing by more involved in the brand. More involvement likely leads to more sales. In my case, it has generated some emotional ties to the brand and even some brand loyalty.
I disagree, i feel that M cars are significantly more engineered compared to the regular series cars and deserve to be separated. I am comparing the current dedicated delearship with the previous all in one dealership. The sense of "M-ness" is palpable in this dealership. The sense of focus and purpose really sets it apart. Image the entire team of technicians and engineers are dedicated to nothing but M and not inundated with tons of service work on regular series cars.

However, this model probably don't work in other countries due to geographical limitations. I heard dealerships in other countries are remodelling with a M section for more exclusivity. However, that only benefits the sales side. If the tech team is not separated, it's not gonna really work as it's akin to serving the same medicine in a different bottle.
Appreciate 0