View Single Post
      04-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #22
middleagedhippie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
LOL. I hope not! It's so hard to judge because sometimes honesty gets you off tickets but sometimes they pounce on that and think they have an easy ticket to write.

The other issue is if they have proof of your speed or not. Recently I got pulled but I knew they didn't have a gun so I didn't accept fault. They gave up. If I knew they had proof I'd have been nicer lol.
Yea, I learned my lesson here. Stopped for going 25 in a zone 15. The cop had no radar detector and he started lecturing me, told him I would challenge the ticket, told me he never lost yet in Court. . . told him "get ready".

Went to Court armed with Statutes about Radar Dectors, blah, blah, blah. Claimed that there was a trainee on the job who DID have a Radar Dector who tagged me going at 25. Judge withheld adjudication, so no points, but still had to pay the fine.

I've learned being arrogant with a cop is not worth it. Several times I have gotten warnings only by keeping my mouth shut and being civil. And if you are arrogant, they will note it and make sure they show up in court which normally greatly reduces your chances of success.
Appreciate 0