View Single Post
      06-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #12
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I thought the C7 Stingray was supposed to match up pretty good with a C6 Gran Sport?

No denying that these cars insane performance cars for a reasonable price. You said engines were problematic. I'm not familiar with the platform, can you explain what the problems are?

The reason I'm staying with the E9x M3 is because the S65 doesn't have main issues with the engine. To me that's a huge deal. And no, I'm not really listening to all the rod bearing talks yet.

Nice car man! Love the color
i'm sure its on par with GS. The argument between GS and Z06 is very similar to 335 vs M3... it's just not the same.

Valve train... well... about 50/50 chance you drop a valve through your block. No mods it will get replaced under warranty, but roll in there with tinted windows and you are out 15k for new engine. Valve seaters get worn out too quickly or something. There are a few aftermarket companies that do better material for the seating, better valve and springs, and bore the heads a bit. Solves the problem 100%. 7-10 owners of Z's on the forums (certainly seems like that many) are getting it done preventively, and when they open up to replace those items they do have in fact worn out parts... so like a time bomb. There are a few ls7's with 100k+ and track time, no problems... so can't say all, but 50% is a safe to say number (based on forums). They have a whole sticky dedicated to this...
Appreciate 0