05-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #88
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHat View Post
I have a number of watches and my Panny 233 doesn't get lots of wrist time, but the basic Panny is classic and changing straps is like getting a new watch.

Much is made of in-house movements. Nothing automatically better about them, but I'd stick with the p2004 movements or one of the modifications of it if it means a lot to you.

Finally just a comment about the JLC movements in the AP ROOs cited earlier. You'd be hard pressed to buy a new one without the in-house movement (3126/3840) as they made a transition a few years back starting with limited editions. This Montawk Highway LE I picked up last summer certainly has it. I think even the basic rubber clad models have it now too.
You're right, i think most of not all do have it now. However I got my ROO back in September 2008 and at that point only a few of the LE's had it. I was on the fence about getting the 233 a year ago but passed, now I am looking at the 292 but someone earlier made an interesting call...

IWC Big Pilots Watch............
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0