07-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #72
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillpopper View Post
why bother with credit cards? unless you pay them off every month its just ridiculous. I go debit card or cash only. Every once in awhile I pull out my credit card and always try to at least pay half or it off before interest hits...........

Oh shit I just woke up from a dream in which I had no credit card debt. LOL!
It is a charge card, you have to pay it off every month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshab356 View Post
On the contrary, they've discontinued it (don't know since when), so that means nobody can get them anymore.

My dad has one and he loves the perks! Every cashier and waiter gives him a funny look when he gives them the Amex black And he also loves BMW...drives an X6M (fast freaking vehicle)
I just received an invite last week so it hasn't been discontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
In order to get the travel perks don't you have to book through their service at ridiculous prices?

I heard they charge an arm and a leg for a business ticket making the second free one pretty worthless since you'd pay half the price for both if you book through expedia/orbitz or whatever.
Not everything, but some you do. For most people the Plat provide most of the benefit at a much reduced cost. The fares worked out to be very competitive, but you get better service. The 2 for 1 is available to the plat card as well though.

Unless you do a lot of travel, it is really not worth the extra fee, and that's really only for the extra points you get. If you travel enough, you are getting the perks from the airlines and hotel groups anyway.
Appreciate 0