View Single Post
      09-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #47
PowerLex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS-F

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
IMHO there are different types of automotive enthusiasts, there are some that don't car as much about the driving dynamics but care more about the "show" car aspect. For example at this weeks BMW CCA Octoberfest there's a whole section devoted to folks who clean their cars with Q-tips and get graded on cleanliness and better than showroom show qualities. I'd say these folks are also enthusiasts, but most of them could also quote stats about the cars they own, even if they never explore the limits of their cars.

What??

I guessing you haven't driven a DCT car. There isn't as much involvement as manual tranny but you can definitely tell by driving it, that it's not an automatic. As you can feel the clutch engage and disengage, and you can drive the car more like a manual car than an automatic like your IS-F.

I still don't see how you paddle shifting in your MDCT is more "like a manual" than me paddle shifting in my ISF, besides the obvious mechanical reasons you guys have made clear. From a driver's standpoint though, you haven't conviced me one bit by saying you can feel the clutch engage/disengage.

Lex
Appreciate 0